Now in their 17th year, the ITIJ Awards are the leading accolade for the global travel and health insurance industry, rewarding companies that go above and beyond to serve their customers and clients and drive forward positive change in the industry.
The Awards showcase excellence and innovation across all sectors that make up the many facets of the global travel and health insurance industry. Whether you are an insurer, underwriter, medical provider, assistance company, air ambulance operator or service provider to the industry, there is an ITIJ Award that honours your contribution to this dynamic marketplace.
The ITIJ Awards are hosted at the ITIC Global Finale Dinner, a black-tie celebration that concludes the industry's leading networking conference, providing the perfect environment to shine a spotlight on your success.
You'll find out all you need to know about the ITIJ Awards below.
ITIJ is the only international publication that covers all sectors of the travel and health insurance industry and the ITIJ Awards are the only Awards that do the same. ITIJ provides a great way to highlight your efforts and success to your peers and partners and being an ITIJ Awards finalist or winner not only ensures your critical acclaim but positions your brand as a leader in its field.
There is no better way to shine a spotlight on your company than receiving an industry award! We understand your business, and will celebrate your success throughout the year. ITIJ covers the finalists and winners of the awards online and in print to over 21,000 senior decision makers, ensuring our community knows your company for its achievements.
The ITIJ Awards take place at the Finale Dinner of the annual International Travel & Health Insurance Conference's (ITIC) Global event. ITIC Global gathers over 900 industry leaders from around the world for five days of networking. It is the only global industry event that sees all sectors in one place at one time ready to do business.
Industry recognition cannot be underestimated as a real advantage when it comes to standing out in the marketplace. Remind your partners and peers of the quality of your contribution to your sector and assure new customers that pursuit of excellence is high on your company’s agenda.
Recognise your team's hard work and provide a boost to staff to keep pushing for innovation solutions. Reward your team with a night to remember at the ITIJ Awards ceremony and take advantage of the glamorous occasion to really impress your clients as your guest.
The 2019 ITIJ Awards categories have been selected to honour all sectors of the global travel and health insurance industry.
You can find all the details you need about the categories here
- International Travel & Health Insurer of the Year - sponsored by New Frontier Group
- International Assistance Company of the Year - sponsored by UnitedHealthcare Global
- Aggregator/Broker/Affinity Partner of the Year - sponsorship available
- Air Ambulance Company of the Year - sponsorship available
- Cost Containment/Claims Management Company of the Year - sponsored by PassportCard
- Medical Provider of the Year - sponsored by GMMI
- Industry Supplier of the Year - sponsorship available
- NEW for 2019 - Insurtech Initiative of the Year - sponsored by Albin International
- ITIJ Marketing Campaign of the Year - sponsorship available
If you would like to sponsor one of the Awards categories this year or would like to suggest a new category for 2020, then please get in touch
Entering is completely free
Entrants are provided an entry kit which details what the judges are looking for and all entry requirements to help you prepare your entry.
Your entry submission needs to showcase why your company should win and how you have contributed to your category's sector.
Please note there is a fee to attend the awards dinner.
ENTRIES for 2019 have closed. Email us to register your interest in entering the ITIJ Awards in 2020
By submitting an entry, the entrant confirms they have read and agree with the ‘Rules of entry’ and understands these now apply:
1. Entry is completely free of charge.
2. Entrants must provide all requested criteria (see category and judging criteria) to validate their entry submission.
3. Once a submission has been shortlisted by the Judges, the entry may not be withdrawn by the entrant. ITIJ reserves the right to include an entrant’s company in the ITIJ Awards shortlist
4. All entries must be received by midnight UK time on Friday 19th July 2019.
5. ITIJ reserves the right to use entrant's company logo for associated marketing of the ITIJ Awards in print, on our websites (ITIJ.com, ITIC.co) and via email to our ITIJ Awards-related
6. ITIJ reserves the right to retain company logos and biographies for subsequent publication in relation to the ITIJ Awards.
7. The ITIJ Marketing Award is not open for entry; finalists are selected by our judging panel.
8. Sponsors are not permitted to enter the category they are sponsoring.
9. Please ensure that the information submitted is accurate and the correct companies/individuals are credited as appropriate. ITIJ accepts no responsibility for any incorrectly
10. Any entry may be withdrawn up until Thursday 18th July 2019 upon written request to the organisers.
11. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding them.
12. Winners will be announced in October 2019.
13. All entries are accepted at our discretion; we reserve the right to refuse any entry for any reason.
14. By submitting your entry, you agree that your entry and any information it contains can be used by us for any purpose whatsoever in connection with ITIC Global and the ITIJ Awards.
15. Copyright of your entry belongs to you; however, by placing an entry into the ITIJ Awards, you grant Voyageur Publishing & Events Ltd a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to
edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and news purposes relating to ITIC Global and the ITIJ Awards. Our right to publish details of
your entry includes, but is not limited to, editorial coverage and interviews in ITIJ and on our website, and announcements at the ITIJ Awards ceremony.
16. Your entry may also involve submitting sensitive information and/or supplying your intellectual property material. Such sensitive information should be marked up as ‘strictly in confidence’. We will undertake to respect all such notification with regard to editorial coverage and publicity. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary permissions and consents to provide us with the intellectual property contained in your entry and to ensure we have the right to use your and any third-party intellectual property you provide with your entry for the ITIJ Awards.
17. The judging process and judging panel shall be determined at our sole discretion.
18. By entering the ITIJ Awards, you do not automatically receive a ticket to attend the ITIC Global Finale Dinner. Tickets must be purchased separately.
The complete Rules of entry can be found in the Entry Kit
- Finalists Announced: week commencing 16th September 2019
- Awards Ceremony: Thursday 31st October 2019
- Entries have now closed for 2019. Email us to register your interest for 2020
The judges will assess each submission document, looking for the following (in addition to the category specific questions you can find here):
- Details of your company’s performance and growth over the past year, highlighting areas where the company has developed or where key progress has been made.
- A mission statement that reflects how your company sees itself within the context of the wider marketplace.
- Details of what makes your company unique within its sector of the industry; how it differs from its competitors.
- Your company’s plans for development over the next 12 months, including how you expect to tackle potential industry challenges.
All nominations are reviewed by our judging panel and the finalists are selected, notified and then announced. So if you are a finalist (there are usually three finalists selected for each category) you will be notified week commencing 16th September 2019.
The winners are revealed when their name is called on stage at the awards ceremony!
Who are the ITIJ Awards judges? ITIJ has an expert panel of judges who review the written submissions from finalists – these are industry veterans who really know the ins and outs of travel insurance provision, so are excellently placed to impartially judge which company should be recognised in each category.
The finalists will be announced week commencing 16th September 2019.
The ITIJ Awards ceremony takes place on Thursday 31 October 2019 at the ITIC Global Malta Finale Dinner, which concludes the ITIC Global Malta 2019 conference.
A ticket to the ITIC Global Malta Finale Dinner is available to select when you register to attend the conference, which you can do here.
If you have entered the Awards and wish to make your company's arrangements to attend, please email Genzenia Fearon for the options available.
Sponsorship opportunities at the 2019 ITIJ Awards
Presented at the ITIC Global finale Dinner, which is attended by over 600 leading travel and health insurance professionals from all sectors and streamed live, the ITIJ Awards celebrate our industry's exceptional talent. And with all eyes on the stage, it's the perfect occasion for shining a light on your brand - in person and in print.
For all enquiries regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Kirsty Diclaudio.
T: +44 (0)117 922 6600 ext 222
The ITIJ Awards are hosted at the ITIC Global Finale Dinner, a black-tie celebration that concludes the industry’s leading networking conference, providing the perfect environment to shine a spotlight on your success.
What better way to celebrate than by playing host and providing your guests with a night to remember?
Hosting a table at the ITIJ Awards gives you the opportunity to take advantage of the glamourous occasion to really impress your clients and enjoy a VIP experience for the evening.
For more information, please email Genzenia Fearon